Seeking a job or internship in the accounting +/or finance industries? AWESOME. Make sure to stop in the Fall Accounting + Finance Career Fair on SEPTEMBER 12th from 12:00pm – 4:00pm in Ifshin Hall’s first floor event space. We have a stellar list of companies who are excited to meet YOU. So make sure you start preparing now. Here are some Career Fair tips + tricks:
- Proofread your resume (and then have a friend/family member/advisor read it too!). Print it on resume paper. Put them in a folder or padfolio.
- Not sure where to start? Check out this site from the Career Center about building a resume. Want additional help with your resume? Stop by the Center for Student Success (Kalkin 100) during drop in hours or visit the campus-wide Career Services office and meet with a Career Peer Mentor for help!
- Get your professional dress ready: iron your blouse, press your suit, shine your shoes, hang it all up in your closet and make sure it is ready to go!
- Do some research: take a look at the list of companies coming to the fair, see what they’re hiring for in Handshake, and prioritize which tables you want to visit.
- Start crafting what you want employers to know about you: heard of an elevator pitch? Awesome. Build one. Find out more here.
- Make sure to follow up: did you meet some great employers? Terrific. Make sure to follow up with an email if you said you would! Check out this resource from Hubspot (founded by UVM alum, Brian Halligan(!!))) for more insight.