CROWE // September 17th 5:00pm – 7:00pm
RSVP no later than Sept. 12th
Crowe LLP (www.crowe.com) is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm with offices around the world. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities. The firm and its subsidiaries also help clients make smart decisions that lead to lasting value with its tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the best places to work in the U.S. As an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, Crowe serves clients worldwide. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Accounting + Finance Students!
As some of you know, local + regional accounting firms often host open houses after the career fair to get to know you better! See below for more information and tips/tricks
- Make sure to read the RSVP details very carefully. Some firms want you to reply to an email, others ask you to RSVP through Handshake, some require both!
- Check if there is an RSVP deadline for the Open House – you don’t want to miss your chance to attend!
- Other schools in the area are often also invited to these events, so don’t be surprised if you meet new peers there
- PREPARE – prep work is essential both for the Accounting + Finance Career Fair and the open houses. Do your research!
- Be confident in your networking skills; associates are eager to meet you! Don’t stand in a corner talking to your friends. Make yourself stand out
- Follow up! (maybe have some drafted language before heading into the event) Send an email to those you met, thank them for taking the time to speak with you, sharing their experiences with the firm, and welcoming you to their space.
Open Houses are a chance to evaluate a firm’s culture, its mission, and its style. These meet-and-greets are ways for YOU to evaluate whether you would be a good fit for their team. Do your prep work, have your professional dress ready, print out your resumes, and get excited to explore what your next steps might be.
If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me, Claire Raabe (firstname.lastname@example.org). I’d be happy to help!