MCSOLEY MCCOY & CO. RECRUITING SOCIAL
Monday, September 24th, 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Vermont Accounting Firm McSoley McCoy & Co.’s overriding commitment to quality accounting has made it one of the region’s premiere accounting firms. We, like many of our clients, are entrepreneurs and operate with minimal bureaucracy. We maintain a clear approach on audit, accounting, and tax services. Our relaxed work environment allows our accounting professionals to concentrate on providing client service and fulfilling their career objectives. We are dedicated to our employees and our community. If your goals include working with a group of outstanding and dedicated professionals, let’s schedule an introduction.
Who should attend: December or Spring Graduates (Undergrad or Masters); Juniors or above interested in an internship opportunity
What to expect: An informal meet and greet with staff, managers, and partners prior to on-campus interviews; Beverages & light refreshments served; Come prepared with questions for us!
Accounting + Finance Students!
As some of you know, local + regional accounting firms often host open houses after the career fair to get to know you better! See below for more information and tips/tricks
- Make sure to read the RSVP details very carefully. Some firms want you to reply to an email, others ask you to RSVP through Handshake, some require both!
- Check if there is an RSVP deadline for the Open House – you don’t want to miss your chance to attend!
- Other schools in the area are often also invited to these events, so don’t be surprised if you meet new peers there
- PREPARE – prep work is essential both for the Accounting + Finance Career Fair and the open houses. Do your research!
- Be confident in your networking skills; associates are eager to meet you! Don’t stand in a corner talking to your friends. Make yourself stand out
- Follow up! (maybe have some drafted language before heading into the event) Send an email to those you met, thank them for taking the time to speak with you, sharing their experiences with the firm, and welcoming you to their space.
Open Houses are a chance to evaluate a firm’s culture, its mission, and its style. These meet-and-greets are ways for YOU to evaluate whether you would be a good fit for their team. Do your prep work, have your professional dress ready, print out your resumes, and get excited to explore what your next steps might be.
If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me, Claire Raabe (firstname.lastname@example.org). I’d be happy to help!