The Career Center is seeking nominees for the first, ever *Career Champion Award.* This award will annually recognize one staff member and one faculty member who have gone above and beyond in encouraging the career exploration, readiness, and success of UVM students. These individuals are not Career Counselors, but dedicate a portion of their time to supporting the career development of students by consistently empowering them to seek meaningful opportunities for work, service, and/or advanced studies with confidence, courage, and curiosity.
- Advise students in discovering and pursuing opportunities to gain experience
- Support students in making informed decisions aligned with their values, goals and interests
- Help students articulate their Career Competencies and career options
- Connect students with formal and informal networks and resources
- Display responsiveness, availability, concern, respect and depth of knowledge
- Are UVM employees who do not work in the Career Center