Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 4,400 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 9,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
Classification: Non-exempt, temporary, part-time position
Reports To: Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Time Period & Compensation: January through May 2020; 10-15 hours per week (flexible). This position compensates at $16 per hour.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Communications Intern supports the implementation of Aeon’s integrated marketing communications strategy as part of the Advancement Team. The Communications Intern uses social media, design, photography and videography to promote and enhance Aeon’s brand and drive broader awareness and support for the organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Web. Support the Marketing & Communications Associate with gathering content for Aeon’s social media channels and website.
· Graphic design. Use Adobe Creative Suite to edit event collateral and resident communication pieces to support the organization’s awareness-building and fundraising efforts.
· Internal communications. Edit and update documents on the organization’s intranet.
· Photography and videography. Use Aeon’s DSLR camera to capture compelling photos and videos.
· Past internship experience in communications, marketing or design required
· Strong social media experience
· Strong design skills and proficiency with Adobe InDesign or Illustrator
· Photography and videography skills preferred
· Experience with WordPress, basic HTML and CSS is a plus
· Familiarity with AP Style Guide is preferred
· Results-driven style, strong attention to detail and personal accountability
· Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
· Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating sensitivity to the needs and experiences of a diverse staff and constituent base
If you are interested in applying for this Communications Intern position, please visit https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1261134.html
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.