1. WHO ARE WE: We are Baby Robot Media, a music publicity, and media service agency with employees in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Pittsburgh and NYC.
2. WHAT WE DO: Our job is to get artists/bands out there in the world as much we possibly can. We pitch to editors, writers, DJs, TV producers, etc. for song premieres, album reviews, interviews, live sessions, op-eds, radio airplay, and anything else we can think of.
3. COMPENSATION: While the internship is unpaid because we are a small company, you essentially bypass typical intern duties, and immediately take on junior publicist tasks. This is a great resume builder, especially when compared to other applicants who have had similar internships. We also do a good bit of instructing throughout the day, so you can get an idea of the full spectrum of how music publicity works (or work PR for your own projects if that’s applicable!)
4. TIME REQUIREMENTS: We require at least 3-4 days/week for at least 3-4 hours. Ideally, we like to see interns work for 12 to 16 hours/week, but we understand that you have a life outside of the internship, so we can work around your schedule.
5. WORK FROM HOME: Most junior publicist tasks can be performed at home.