Beckon is looking for a driven, creative and enthusiastic part-time intern to manage Beckon’s Registered Dietitian and healthcare provider relations. This role would include being the key point of contact between RD partners and the brand, leading outreach and program management, and working with our digital team to create and disseminate content. As a small team there is a lot of opportunity for all team members to gain broad and varied experience, taking areas of interest into consideration. We all wear many hats and have an all-hands-on deck mentality. This position will be based in Boston, working both in the office alongside the founders and traveling to RD conferences around the US!
This position would report to Gwen Burlingame, co-founder of Beckon Ice Cream. Prior to founding Beckon, Gwen held roles at L’Oreal USA in e-commerce and digital strategy for Luxe Division, International Business development for Kiehl’s Since 1851 and Global Brand Marketing, also at Kiehl’s, managing the Lip and Sun portfolios. Both Gwen and co-founder Katy Flannery, who will serve as a mentor to this position, are graduates of Villanova University. Katy was previously an RN in the Pediatric ICU at Boston Children’s Hospital. It was her food journey and lactose intolerance that inspired Beckon. She is also a graduate of the famous Penn State Ice Cream Course. Beckon has one other full-time employee who is a Regional Sales and In Store Marketing Manager. Beckon HQ is located in Allston, right next to the Boston Landing Commuter Rail stop. Our company values hard work, resourcefulness, respect, passion, pro-activity and friendship. Since the company started with friendship (Gwen and Katy began as college friends), having fun and taking time to do things as a team is an important part of our culture.
Beckon is the first premium, lactose free ice cream that is still made from real dairy! It is made with all the same ingredients as traditional premium ice cream and we add the lactase enzyme to eliminate the lactose. We have a values-based sourcing philosophy and our mission is to show lactose-free consumers that living lactose-free doesn’t have to mean living dairy-free or compromising with substitutes. Beckon has been featured on BostonMagazine.com, Chronicle, Thrillist, and more. Beckon also won the 2018 New England Business Association Innovation Award in the Rising Star category.
- Be key contact between Beckon and RD partners across all channels
- Conceptualize and execute programs to target customers with specific healthcare concerns or interests, such as Lactose Intolerance, IBS, Low FODMAP, Gut-Health and/or Clean Label eating.
- Coordinate RD “influencer” partnerships with Digital Marketing Team
- Manage content creation with RD Contributors to the Beckon blog and social channels
- Manage new monthly RD email newsletter
- Create print and online resources to assist RDs
- Assist in possible presence at regional Academy of Nutrition meetings and/or Practice Group Events
- Degree in Nutrition or a healthcare-related field preferred
- Passionate about building brands, nutrition, and changing food for the better
- Excellent oral, verbal, and written communication skills
- Confident project management and/or event planning skills
- Positive, proactive, resourceful attitude is an absolute MUST!
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint required
- Experience with Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Google Ads and/or Facebook Business preferred
- Basic understanding of search marketing, as well as digital media process and metrics preferred
- 16-32 hours weekly