Job Title: Product Solutions Intern
Department: Global Marketing & Product Solutions
Job Summary: The Product Solutions intern will assist members of the Product Information, Product Strategy and Product Development teams on a diverse list of product-related initiatives. The functions for each group are as follows:Product Information-Responsible for supporting the distribution teams by messaging and positioning the firm’s strategies through robust RFP, RFI and database information deliverables.
Product Strategy-Responsible for conducting research and analysis to enhance the overall firm and product line positioning; initiatives include modifying existing strategies to be better positioned for success and assessing available vehicles to highlight potential gaps.
Product Development-Responsible for the evaluation and creation of new products and vehicles that align with Cohen & Steers investment philosophy and product line-up. These teams work closely with other members of the Product Solutions team, as well as with members of the Investment, Sales, Marketing, Client Service, Legal, Compliance, Risk, and Operations departments. We are seeking applicants interested in pursuing a career in the financial services industry in a product strategy and development function.
• Develop an understanding of the firm’s existing products, vehicles and distribution channels
• Support the team’s efforts to execute initiatives aligned with firm’s product line-up
• Help complete Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) across all channels and markets• Assist with updating consultant and third party research databases
• Assist with generating reports on trends in the firm’s core asset classes
• Proficient in functions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Must be able and willing to work in a team oriented environment
• Ability to multi-task and superior attention to detail
• Full-time in summer (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or as needed)
Note: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.