*You must apply online via our website to be considered for this opportunity, Handshake applications will not be accepted*
Required Skills and Responsibilities: Cotton & Company seeks a talented Accounting Intern to provide assistance and support on a client engagement. Specifically, you will:
- Work with your team and independently, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with your supervisor.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate data from the client to perform tests to substantiate transactions, records, and reports.
- Review documents, transactions, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Prepare sufficient documentation to support work performed, to include workpapers and summarized data reports.
- Report task progress and status to your supervisor.
- Meet expectations for attendance, punctuality, company/client deadlines, and abide by all company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Position Requirements:
- Student of junior standing working towards Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university. You must be on target to graduate later than December 2020.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. federal security clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Are interested in a career in Government Audit or Consulting.
- Are proficient in MS Office specifically Word, Excel, Access.
- Have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Have a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Are able to work in a team environment.
- Are well organized and pay close attention to details.
- Have availability between 8 and 5 pm.
Your Work Hours: Part-time.
Your Work Place/Travel: Work will be performed at the client site in Washington, DC.
Your team: You will work directly with your supervisor on assigned projects, enriching your professional capability, industry knowledge, and interpersonal skills.
Our CPA firm provides specialized services for governmental agencies and programs, as well as commercial clients. We support government accountability and assist our clients in ensuring that taxpayer money and data is handled properly.
At Cotton & Company we’re here for the people. Work with us to serve the American people, contribute to meaningful work, and go home fulfilled.
If you want to join a team of professionals who take pride in their work, foster team environments, and end the day feeling accomplished, make that next move in your career. We focus on quality of work and quality of life – all while making a difference - giving back to our community and industry. We offer competitive compensation packages, benefits, and a fun work environment.
Make our firm your professional home and experience the many reasons why we come into work energized and satisfied.
We care about our employees and have created our benefits to support their wellness, happiness, and ability to plan for their futures. Our competitive compensation and benefits feature incentives such as professional certification, tuition reimbursement, and an individualized advisor program.
You'll find that we're small enough to notice the performance of our employees and large enough to reward it. If you share our outlook and philosophies, we invite you to inquire about joining our team.