Make that next move in your career. Cotton & Company is looking for you to join our team of professionals. We are all about making your work life fun, while making a difference - giving back to our community and industry. We offer competitive compensation packages, benefits, and a fun work environment. Make your next career move to Cotton & Company – voted by our employees as one of Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for the 3rd year in a row!
Vitals: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field.
Full Time: We’ll keep you busy for the 5 days in between the weekends.
Mover and Shaker: You will have the opportunity to work at both company headquarters and at various client sites, travel about 25% of the time (usually within the U.S.), and must be able to transport a laptop and working documents.
Your team: You will work directly with your supervisor, manager, and partner on assigned projects. They will work with you in enriching your professional capability, industry knowledge, and interpersonal flair.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Believe in quality work
- Are able to speak effectively before groups including clients, peers and management
- Are able to write reports, emails, and other business correspondence in a clear and concise manner
- Are able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written or orally
- Are detail-oriented, well organized and able to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Are able to multi-task across multiple projects
- Have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interview individuals associated with the audit
- Are proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Are a self-starter and independent but also a great team player who enjoys contributing to a company that emphasizes integrity and quality
- Review documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness
- Conduct testing and interviews and prepare acceptable workpapers, write-ups, and memos
- Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with supervisor, manager, or partner
- Report audit findings to supervisor, manager, or partner and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions
- Ensure work is well organized, with close attention to details
- Maintain excellent client relations for the firm
- Meet expectations for attendance, punctuality, and company/client deadlines and abide by all company policies
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate highly desired
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent annually.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. federal security clearance
At Cotton & Company, we believe that work should be both fun and intellectually challenging, while allowing for a healthy work/life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefits feature incentives such as professional certification, tuition reimbursement, and an individualized mentorship program.
You'll find that we're small enough to notice the performance of our employees and large enough to reward it. If you share our outlook and philosophies, we invite you to inquire about joining our team.