Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
The XVA Management Desk is recruiting a Junior Trader (Analyst – Associate level) to support business activities.
The XVA Management Desk is a global function responsible for:
- Valuation Adjustments (XVA): Pricing the counterparty credit and funding risks in the OTC Derivative business and risk running the Credit Valuation Adjustment (CVA), Debit Valuation Adjustment (DVA) and Funding Valuation Adjustment (FVA) in favor of other business lines..
- Collateral Adjusted Valuation (CAV): Pricing and risk running collateral discounting risk on OTC Derivatives on behalf of Fixed Income-based securities businesses.
- Base I III Capital Management: Running a centralized programme focused on hedging CVA VaR and Default capital to optimize capital for CS Group.
- Central Trade Compression: XVA Management run a centralized trade compression process across trades facing Central Clearing Counterparties (CCPs) in order to achieve BCBS demonstrate Exposure reductions for business lines. This activity is concentrated in London and New York.
- Regulatory Change: XVA Management represents Front Office for multiple regulatory which inspires change initiatives (e.g. IOSCO), handling the IOSCO Initial Margin calculator and optimizing the Initial Margin posting requirements between Credit Suisse and our counterparties.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily modelling, pricing and risk management of structured notes, credit/funding charges on underlying derivative transactions, collateral and funding valuation adjustments, and regulatory capital.
- Timely and accurate booking of transactions on a regular basis.
- Effective reporting of daily XVA Management P&L to senior management.
- Liaising with Sales, Trading, Quantitative Strategies and Risk to deliver appropriate risk management solutions.
- Actively monitoring market improvements to assist in effective risk management.
- Delivery of ad hoc projects focused on improving business processes across the Desk.
- Partnering closely with XVA Management colleagues in other regions to ensure the effective operation of XVA Management as a global business.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in financial markets in either a Trading or quantitative role.
- You possess an undergraduate degree with a strong mathematical and statistics background. Postgraduate qualifications are a plus.
- You have deep knowledge of Excel.
- You are committed, dedicated, ambitious and with confirmed mentorship and team oriented.
- You are a self-starter with ability to multitask accurately under time sensitive environment.
- You possess strong communication and analytical skills.
- You possess University undergraduate degree.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.