E3/Sentinel’s Civilian Division employees support clients across the Department of Commerce, Department of Justice, Department of Transportation, General Services Administration, National Institutes of Health, and more. We enable our employees to use innovative technologies, proven best practices, and efficient processes to provide exceptional service to our Federal clients. With careers in IT program management, acquisition and category management, shared services planning, and education and training, our employees can advance their careers, collaborate with their teams, and deliver excellent mission results.
E3/Sentinel is looking for a Financial Analyst to work in Washington, DC. This position supports a government client in managing and enhancing the agency’s financial performance by preparing, analyzing, and reporting financial results, variances, forecasts and trends. The ideal candidate for this role must be able to analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying financial data and recommending actions to resolve issues and achieve desired results.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of financial principles to maintain detailed project account structures and project financials.
- Receives, reviews, analyzes, troubleshoots, and tracks Cost-Plus Task Order (TO) invoices to ensure processing in a uniform manner and in accordance with specific TO requirements.
- Utilizes one or more financial management tools, technologies, and systems to collect, analyze, review, and report project financial data. Provides recommendations to clients.
- Monitors and evaluates overall project health in terms of schedule, cost, risks, and performance. Investigates questionable data. Recommends actions to resolve issues and achieve desired results.
- Reviews and analyzes financial data to respond to budget calls and independently draft financial reports for external stakeholders.
- Conducts detailed analysis and review of projects to ensure contract and financial fiscal compliance. Advises management of current or potential irregularities.
- Resolves identified discrepancies and recommends close-out where appropriate.
- Performs audit reviews on contract financials to identify and ensure that uncommitted, residual, or excess funds are returned to the applicable agencies.
- Supports and assists the client in performing project audits and end of year activities.
- Draws upon comprehensive knowledge gained in previous assignments in providing general advisory support to the client including, but not limited to, analysis, data calls, financial management, risk management, audits, and project management related tasks.
- Ensures conformance to established deadlines.
- Performs special projects on own initiative or as assigned.
- Assists in providing related support as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Degree in finance, business or accounting desired)
- Clearable (able to pass both a criminal background check and credit check).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel for financial analysis.