Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry. We’re focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is driven by competitive, innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
The position is open to rising seniors from any field of study, preferably within the STEM field. The Intern will join our Hartford Office on the Human Resources team, focused on compensation.
The Compensation Intern position is data intensive. Tasks will require the intern to frequently access various HR data sources to support ad hoc requests and monthly reporting. Reporting generally supports strategic decision making concerning the financial impact, make-up, and structure of Global Atlantic’s workforce.
Key responsibilities include:
- Learning about Global Atlantic’s compensation structure
- Assisting Compensation team members in model building and analysis
- Learning all equity programs at the company, and serving as a backup on how these plans are implemented
- HR Analytics:
- Learning about HR metrics and implementing them across the entire business (including turnover, headcount reporting, diversity, etc) using Tableau (will be taught) and Microsoft Excel
- Working with the HRBP and other business leaders to improve exiting reporting and assisting in the interpretation of data
- Supporting ad hoc requests including but not limited to historical headcount, forecasting, data preparation, and or equity administrative tasks
- Developing and preparing presentations
- Working together in collaboration with various groups to respond to client needs
- Currently enrolled in a four-year degree program, preferably in the STEM field
- Strong analytical/quantitative and technical abilities, organizational skills and attention to details
- Able to leverage Microsoft Excel to create models for reporting and analyze datasets
- High energy with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Outstanding academic record and high level of personal integrity
- Flexible individuals who are both creative and commercial, and are comfortable managing multiple work streams and projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, inquisitive, and a high initiative to take on projects that cover new ground for the team and the company
- Basic knowledge of PowerPoint a plus, but not necessary
- Basic knowledge of Python a plus and can be used to streamline workflow but is not required
At Global Atlantic, enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, with a focus on pay equity and flexibility. We are proud to support work/life balance with flexible work arrangements that meet individual and business needs. A casual dress code, above-average paid time off, parental and military leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement are just a few of the extra perks that make Global Atlantic a great place to work.
We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs. In Hartford, we actively partner with the Boys and Girls Club of Hartford, Habitat for Humanity, Gifts of Love, Dress for Success and the CT Humane Society.
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future.