GrowthLab is a Finance-as-a-Service company. Our aspiration is to become an extension of our customer’s leadership team. We are entrepreneurial and strategic. Our number one goal is to help drive customer’s strategic, financial, and operational objectives. If you want to take your business to the next level, we’re here to improve rigor and cadence, and compliment your leadership team with strategic and financial acumen with flexibility and scalability. GrowthLab delivers a management decision framework to systematize decision-making around business strategy including finance, marketing, people, and accounting. GrowthLab implements a proactive service – our framework – taking the guesswork out of the annual strategic business cycle by connecting strategy, data, and functional requirements.
The FP&A Analyst will be an intricate member of the Strategic Business Services team. This new team member will play a critical role in meeting the financial planning and analytical needs of our entrepreneurial, emerging growth, and turnaround-situation customers. This individual will be detail-oriented, enthusiastic, proactive, confident, and have the ability to “manage up”. They will assist in managing customer engagements and relationships across industries.
A Day in the Life of the FP&A Analyst
The mission of this role is to help our customers grow their business’ and achieve their aspirations as business owners and entrepreneurs. The day-to-day activities will be varied, and will include the following;
- Create monthly financial reporting packages delivered to the senior leadership team. Includes the reporting, forecasting and review of business unit overhead expenses.
- Ensure timely submission of forecast and budget P&Ls and all supporting sub schedules.
- Be a key business partner to Sales, Marketing, Operations and Human Resources Departments in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities to the business.
- Support our customers and SBS team in short and long-term planning and modeling aimed at identifying and communicating risks and opportunities and options to inform strategies and decision making in the achievement of financial goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the review and evolution of processes and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiencies and monitor, develop and implement best practices in financial models and management reporting.
- Take ownership of customer deliverables and workflow for all SBS team members.
- Play a role in mentoring current & future interns.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Project Management
- Ability to build relationships, align and influence
- Your strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with a passion for results
- Leadership experience with strategic financial planning activities, driving efficiency/process enhancement
- Your energy for working in a dynamic, collaborative, fast-paced environment, and handling several projects at a time
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint proficiency
- Willingness to build deeper understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured entrepreneurial environment