Holiday Inn Club Vacations look for individuals who excel in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our guests, owners, and team members. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We’re looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
To prepare and develop tomorrow’s leaders, the Resort Industry Student Experience (RISE) internship program provides the structure and resources to harness, teach, and grow talented students into successful career professionals through an immersive, holistic, and dynamic learning experience in the hospitality industry.
All internships will consist of hands on work, observations, special projects, leadership development, training, feedback and evaluations. Students will have the opportunity to form connections with both their peers and industry leaders who are in roles in both their own department and others within the company.
The Accounting internship will be a 13 week long experience which will support accounting teams in one or more of the following areas: HOA Accounting, Resort Operations, Sales & Marketing Accounting, Reporting, and Club and Rental Accounting. This will include working in the day to day accounting operations associated with the production of financial information, review of transactional activity and system updates. This includes the processing of daily and monthly accounting tasks, reporting and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS
- Run daily reports and perform data entry to update reports and systems related to ancillary business, property management departments and/or property taxes
- Perform reconciliations between subsystems and general ledger
- Perform routine tasks, research and analysis with the ability to present and explain results.
- Special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and networking events with the Academy of Learning and Development. This includes a team project to be presented to leadership at the conclusion of the internship.
- Student pursuing a degree in accounting or any related area of study
- Enrolled in college/university courses within 6 months of the start of the internship
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in current good standing with the college/university
- Must not be in first two semesters taking college coursework
- Must be able to secure housing in the location of the internship for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to pass and complete a background check
- Must be able to complete entire program without interruptions
- Frequent computer use
- Ability to Multi-Task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills