Audit at Nestlé isn’t your typical financial auditing – it’s operational. That means we use a systematic approach to review the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of operations across the business. We’re not just auditing Nestlé Purina’s internal business units (e.g. Human Resources, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.); we’re auditing all of Nestlé – the factories, distribution centers, headquarters and satellite offices.
As one of our Audit Interns, you will become part of a close family we call the Nestlé Internal Audit (NIA) group. We’re a melting pot of sorts – what do we mean by that? It means that some of us have accounting degrees, or are working toward them, and others have backgrounds in the sciences or engineering. But, that’s what makes our mix work; having enough different brains and skill sets in the room so we approach every audit at different vantage points. Since we’re operational auditors, we’re looking at everything with an analytical mind and an eye on efficiency and opportunity for improvement.
Our auditors travel frequently – and for you it’s no different. You’ll be assigned to a team of 4 or 5 others who will take you under their wing working together to complete the full cycle of an audit. You’ll plan for two weeks prior to the audit, travel to an assigned location with your team and remain there for three weeks auditing various factors, which could include our production processes, sales functions, accounting practices, safety programs, cloud computing systems, or any other function that Nestlé performs. At the conclusion of the audit, you’ll return to your home base in St. Louis, MO to wrap up the audit, evaluate the process and receive feedback.
Real-world audits. Real impact. And a dynamic, fun culture you won’t find with any other audit group. Are you up to the dare? At the conclusion of your internship, you’ll be considered to join our Internal Audit team full-time upon graduation. From there, it’s up to you what you want to get out of your career but your internship experience and vast knowledge on the business puts you on a fast track to management and other functions at Nestlé.
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B or OPT visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States now and in the future.
- Participate in all aspects of team-based internal control reviews of Nestlé information systems/technologies, applications, brand websites, security and data centers to ensure identified risk areas are properly controlled
- Assist the audit planning, reviews and assessment of business risk
- Utilize data analysis tools (i.e., ACL, IDEA, Microsoft Office) and techniques against master and transactional data files to deliver comprehensive exception reporting against Nestlé policies
- Present findings and recommendations in meetings with team members and clients
- Assist in Control Framework initiatives to review SAP role assignments to ensure approved segregation of duties cases are mitigated and allocation of highly sensitive roles are appropriate
- Gain knowledge, awareness and understanding of the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
- Enrolled in a full time undergraduate or graduate program majoring in business, accounting, finance, internal audit, information systems, or related field of study
- Graduating between fall 2021 and spring 2022 from that graduate or undergraduate program
- Able to work 12 full-time consecutive weeks during summer of 2021
- Willing to travel up to 60%
- Prior internship experience
- Course work in internal audit
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you’ll consider sharing in our mission–you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application