People’s United Bank is a subsidiary of People’s United Financial, Inc., a diversified financial services company with $59 billion in assets. People’s United Bank, founded in 1842, is a premier, community-based, regional bank in the Northeast offering commercial and retail banking, as well as wealth management services through a network of over 400 retail locations in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
The People’s United Bank Internship Program is a structured, full-time, paid summer internship that offers college students the opportunity to work on real-world challenges and expand their expertise in a particular discipline. Interns may apply for positions based on experiences and interests, as well as our business needs. Through hands-on experience, networking with peers, and professional development, students build a range of important skills.
Program dates: June 7 – August 13
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
The internship will consist of:
1. Gaining insight on the Bank’s culture, people, and products.
2. Learning the Bank’s Internal Audit Methodology.
3. Learning how the Internal Audit function works and the role it plays at the Bank.
4. Participating on audits and executing audit tests.
• Rising senior or MBA student working towards degree in Finance or Accounting, Information Technology / MIS (i.e. Information Security, Networking, Computer Operations) or Data Analytics; minimum GPA – 3.2
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills necessary.
• Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues.
• Theoretical knowledge of banking and capital markets. Understanding of financial modeling, projection and analysis helpful.