The firm of Purdy Powers & Company is looking for upcoming graduates to fill permanent accounting positions in both Auditing & Tax.
Accounting majors are encouraged to apply if they are completing their degree between December 2018 and May 2019 and have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Candidates with at least 150 credit hours at graduation are preferred, but not required.
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Understand the rules, regulations and code of conduct of the AICPA
- Progress professionally by working towards passing the CPA exam
- When assigned to financial statement engagements
- Become familiar with FASB, GASB and AICPA pronouncements
- Become proficient at preparing financial statements
- Obtain exposure on the types of financial statement engagements offered by the firm
- Assume responsibility for unaudited financial statement engagements or segments of audits under the supervision of more experienced staf
- When assigned to tax engagements:
- Become familiar with pertinent IRC sections and regulations
- Obtain a working knowledge of research techniques and the various research sources available
- Become proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns prepared by the firm
- Assume responsibility for the completion of tax returns under the supervision of more experienced staff
Purdy Powers & Company is a leading accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Portland, Maine dedicated to serving the needs of mid-size companies. Our goal is to help our clients grow to their potential by providing business services that deliver results. We are looking for exceptional candidates who also want to grow to their potential and would like to be part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial accounting firm.
Benefits include a highly competitive salary, 401(k) & Employer Contributed Retirement Plan, Health & Dental Insurance, Section 125 Plan, Life Insurance, LTD Insurance, Paid Vacation & Holiday Time, Personal Time and Paid Parking. Purdy Powers & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT TO:
Jane Bopp, Human Resources Director
Purdy Powers & Company