Full time Cost Analyst responsible for assisting with loading standard costs, inventory valuation, variance analysis, and annual budget costs for the In House and Externally Manufactured products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with calculating accurate item level standard costs by working cross functionally with the Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing, and External Operations teams on operational rates and material prices loaded into our MAPICS and SAP systems.
- Assist with monthly closing activities including preparing journal entries for sales, cost of goods sold, inventory in transit, and inventory accrual.
- Assist with calculating and accumulating the monthly Excess and Obsolete financial impacts by working with the Planning and Material Supply teams.
- Assist with creation of annual budget standard costs and year over year variance analysis.
- Assist with process improvements in the Cost Accounting Function.
- Participate in the design of the upcoming SAP Product Costing system by working with the implementation team members.
- Participate in data cleansing from a costing and accounting perspective as needed.
- Participate in all phases of testing and cut-over for the SAP implementation.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- All East Windsor functional areas including Finance, Production Planning, Inventory Control, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Production, New Product Commercialization, and Material Supply.
- Regional teams including Operations Finance, External Operations, S&OP, Procurement, Master Data Management, Transfer Pricing, Tax, Internal Audit.
- Accuracy of monthly Sales and COGS in the P&L.
- Accuracy of Excess and Obsolete as well as destruction expenses included in the monthly financial results.
- Accuracy of New Product Cost Estimates
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance with 0-5 years experience.
- Strong desire to learn product costing, systems, and manufacturing processes utilized by the Shiseido Operations teams.
- Interested in learning plant manufacturing and data tracking/collection processes including labor hours and material usage.
- Detail oriented, ability to roll up the sleeves and work on multiple projects.
- Desire to learn managerial accounting including month end processes and variance analysis.
- Intermediate excel skills.
- Strong communication skills.