Strategic Risk Solutions Inc (SRS), a leading independent captive insurance management firm, is looking for a Staff Accountant (Assistant Account Manager) to join our team in Burlington, VT. SRS provides financial reporting, regulatory compliance and program management services to captive insurance companies. We operate in all major onshore and offshore domiciles with offices in Vermont, Arizona, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Hawaii, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
The Assistant Account Manager will provide accounting support on a portfolio of captive insurance companies. The activities will primarily be accounting in nature, but also include administrative and regulatory compliance activities. This is an entry level position that focuses on accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
· Payables activities, including obtaining the required approvals for disbursements, setting up on-line and wire transactions and checks
· Monthly reconciliations, primarily of cash accounts but also investment accounts including the use of Clearwater Analytics
· Tracking and reconciliation of premiums earned and losses incurred, including pulling and organizing loss run information and premium statements
· Preparing and tracking invoices issued by client captive insurance companies
· Receiving payments and making bank deposits.
· Maintain filing systems for clients including each client’s extranet
· Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly journal entries
· Assist in the preparation of domicile regulatory reports required to be filed by client companies
· Assist in the preparation and filing of premium tax returns, income and excise tax returns for risk retention clients
· Assist with client audits providing information to auditors in a timely manner and responding to auditor’s requests
Attributes and Skill Sets include:
· Accounting Degree or equivalent
· Basic accounting knowledge: accounting equation, dual entry, balance sheet construction, income statement construction, accruals, revenue and expense recognition, etc
· Intermediate or above MS Office Suite
· Time management and organizational skills with good attention to detail
· Strong work ethic and willingness to take on additional tasks
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k, profit participation and tuition reimbursement.