The Loan Officer initiates and maintains customer relationships, makes sound credit recommendations and decisions and represents the Association in the community.
Marketing and Sales
- Represents and promotes Yankee at agricultural organization meetings and events
- Develops relationship with internal and external contacts to market credit, insurance and financially related services
- Identifies potential business opportunities by visiting farms of current and potential customers
- Recommends appropriate Association services including loans, leases, insurance and financially related services
- Discusses credit needs with customers
- Determines eligibility of new and potential customers
- Collects necessary financial and operational information from customers
- Visits farms, inspects collateral and appraises personal property
- Completes initial assessment of credit worthiness of new and potential customers
- Discusses results and verifies accuracy of credit analysis with the credit analyst
- Determines appropriate loan structure and security with input from the Credit Analyst
- Determines appropriate classification, risk and loss rating for loans within delegated authority and recommends classification, risk and loss rating for loans above delegated authority
- Writes the ownership/management section of the loan narrative
- Recommends loan decisions above delegated authority and approves loan decisions within delegated authority
- Ensures Association policies, executive orders and procedures as they relate to loan documentation are being followed
- Coordinates the preparation of loan documentation
- Reviews loan documentation for accuracy
- Identifies at-risk loans by monitoring borrower performance and delinquent payments
- Develops loan servicing plans, including down grading of loan classification, frequency of monitoring, and collection plans
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other agricultural providers such as Extension, Farm Bureau, FSA, local banks, accountants, attorneys, and local dealers to provide services to members and generate referrals
Education: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, business, finance or a related field
Prior Work Experience: 1 year of experience in agriculture or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.